Ensuring scoring competency can be a challenge for any inpatient rehabilitation provider. Improve the accuracy of IRF FIM® scoring so that your patients get the appropriate level of treatment and you get the correct level of payment.
Increase Inpatient Rehabilitation Revenue
CMS IRFPPS reimbursement is determined largely by the IRFPAI scores collected in t he first three days of admission. Unfortunately, even a proven and thoroughly tested scoring process can result in scores that are either inconsistent, inaccurate or both.
Removing subjectivity from the scoring process with the use of MediLinks Inpatient will help improve the accuracy and consistency of your scores. Ultimately, these improvements will lead to appropriate reimbursement, correct depiction of your patient’s impairment status and sufficient funds to care for your patients.
Determine Patients’ True Burden of Care With Accurate IRFPAI Assessment Scores
- Provide more realistic expectations with patients’ families
- Ensure that your clinicians focus on the clinical observation instead of the numerical score itself
- Collect IRFPAI assessment scores as part of daily documentation and automatically calculate scores based on CMS guidelines
- Enable your clinicians to score a greater variety of observations using a simplified, uniform scoring process. Score assessment accuracy reveals a patients truer burden of care – more closely aligning payment with work required and provided.
- Enhance discipline-specific plans of care that support team collaboration
- Generate IRFPAI scores automatically and behind the scenes, so your therapists can focus strictly on the patient care.
Make the IRFPAI Scoring Process Easier
- Automatically filter greatest burden admission scores and receive help selecting the appropriate discharge window using MediLinks Inpatient
- Reduce your training time by simplifying the scoring process
- Import data directly into your outcomes vendor for benchmarking and transmission to CMS
- Ward off denied payments by monitoring the completion of patient assessment and export dates for the IRFPAI
- Enable all disciplines to score any item, any time
- Enhance collaborative scoring versus discipline specific ownership of assessments