Presenters: Presenter: Lynda Goodfellow, Associate Professor and Associate Dean for Academic Affairs – The Byrdine F. Lewis School of Nursing and Health
2/22/12 – Healthcare organizations are unsure of future reimbursement
payments. Moreover, ICUs typically consume >20% of the financial resources of a hospital. Professions will examine various aspects of how long-term respiratory care will impact the profession of respiratory care and how the respiratory therapist is key to reducing the length of stay and for providing cost-effective care to the long-term chronic pulmonary patient.
Attendees will learn about:
- The current reimbursement systems for LTC and the sustainability of our current reality
- LTC and its impact on respiratory care and the RT
- The differences in chronic illness and those patients who are the chronic critically ill
- The advantages and disadvantages of post-acute care settings?
- How to change the trends and predictions